MCR Room Booking
The MCR at Newnham can be booked for society or official events - it cannot be booked for private functions (e.g. birthday parties). We now have a lovely new bar and party room that you can book instead! There is information about how to book the MCR below.
To book the MCR
1. Check the MCR calendar to see if it is free.
2. If it is free, complete this Form . If you expect more than 5 people to attend your event then you must complete the Room Booking Form (download here) and email it to the Conference and events coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 24 hours before the event.
3.The MCR Secretary will email you to confirm that the room booking has been made. She will add the event to the MCR calendar.
email it to the Conference and events coordinator at email@example.com
When you use the MCR
Whether casually or for an official event, you are agreeing to the following:
- Any member of the MCR is still welcome to use the MCR even if it has been reversed for an event.
- The furniture must be put back in place
- The kitchen must be left clean and tidy with all washing up done
- The MCR must be clear of rubbish. If there is an excessive amount of rubbish or recycling please take the rubbish to the bins outside the Coach House (through the Pfeiffer Gate).
- Both the front and back access doors to the MCR must be shut (as well as any windows)
- The lights must be turned off
- You must report any damage (even if it was a freak accident) to the MCR committee
- You are responsible for escorting any non-Newnham MCR attendees of your event to and from the MCR. You are also responsible for ensuring their safety if there is a fire alarm.